Prescription swimming goggles cost almost as much as a new pair of glasses. That's way too expensive, especially if you don't get to go swimming as often as you'd like. But using the clever tips in this video tutorial, you'll be able to make a pair of prescription swimming goggles for less than you'd spend on a tank of gas to get you to the beach.
An old pair of your prescription glasses. It doesn't matter if they are too scratched up to wear for daily use anymore, you're only going to need them underwater.
A cheap pair of swimming goggles.
1. Carefully remove the lenses from your old glasses and check to see how the lenses fit over the lenses of the cheap goggles.
2. Carefully sand the edges of the glasses lenses, on the parts that you're going to glue to the goggles frames. This will help the epoxy hold better.
3. Apply the epoxy to the edges of the goggles, where you're going to stick the glasses lenses. Now glue the lenses onto the goggle frames, and hold them in place for five minutes.
4. Let them sit overnight, then check them to make sure they hold well.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades